Saturday, October 9, 2010

Goin' Duckin'

My 3yo. is still trying to grasp the English language and it's proving to be quite humorous.

My Dear Husband is a hunter and likes to hunt ducks. DH has been working at the lease on weekends to prepare for the upcoming season. My daughter remembers him bringing home the ducks after the hunts last year and knows what he's doing. I thought she would be a little freaked about it, but after poking a dead duck or two while DH was cleaning them, she announced "Give me the knife Daddy so I can help you." She's totally fine with it. But I digress.

So this morning as DH put on his camo and was getting ready to leave, she begged and pleaded for him to please "take me ducking."

Yep, ducking. She thinks it's as simple as adding an "ing" to the end. As in, fishing. Great logic, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment