Wednesday, September 22, 2010

My Long Lost Loves

Why is it that I always seem to be on the tail end of a product’s lifespan? Over the years, there have been quite a few products that I fell in love with, only to have them discontinued or changed. You know, as in “new formula” or “new and improved.” Blah, blah, blah.

So there I was, desperately trying to squeeze out the very last of the Philosophy Kiss Me Very Emollient Lip Balm. I threw down the empty tube and went straight to the computer to order more. Knowing that I can get 3 free samples with each order at Sephora.com, I log onto my account and search for the lip balm. I found similar products in a variety of colors and flavors (gingerbread anyone?) but I could not find the original, colorless and flavorless product. Hmmm. No problem. I'll just order it directly from Philosophy.com. Just a quick search and... aww, cr*p! They changed the formula.

The new formula was better -now with SPF! But then there were the reviews -some good, many not good. {panic begins to set in} As I read through the pages of buyer reviews, I find that die hards, like me, who had used the product for years, were not happy and were begging for Philosophy to change it back to the original SPF-less formula. I had heard, err, read enough.

I quickly grabbed my purse and keys and flew to the nearest Sephora store (the only place in my area that carries Philosophy products) and purchased the mere three tubes they had left in stock. I even asked if they had more in the back, but sadly they did not. However, the other Sephora store across town had another 4 tubes -which I snatched up also. Upon asking if there were more in stock (there weren’t), the lady at the register commented on how much I must like the product. Fighting back tears, I explained that it was truly the best lip product ever and because of it, my lips were never, ever dry or cracked, not even in the dead of winter, and my husband said they were very kissable, but now Philosophy has gone and messed up the product by adding in SPF and it’s not good anymore. (I should do commercials for this product. Hey Philosophy! You listening?) Want to guess what her response was? “Wow. I wish I had known about it. Are there any more tubes left or is this it?” Sorry lady, these are mine and I’m not sharing! Muahahahahahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment