Sunday, September 19, 2010

Look Out Paul Bunyan

In my newly found venture called Farmville, I’ve discovered that I don’t like all the waiting. My farm has a small number of crops, two foals, and a pig (I sold the cow and bought the two new animals), a bale of hay and a rest tent (both gifts I received), and a newly purchased barn. The barn is really in the beginning stage of being built –mostly only framework –as I do not yet have the hammer and wood needed to finish the job. It’s a slow process and I get bored easily.

But I’ve discovered another Facebook offering: Frontierville!! Yep, I’ve got my own homestead. A plot of land covered with trees, brush, rocks, and critters –just waiting for me to clear it all off and start a home. This offers more to do, but at a cost. Each activity cost an energy and you only get so many at a time. It’s grueling work, but it has to be done. I’ve cleared about a fourth of it, have a small garden going, and even planted a few cherry trees. My house is just a frame but I have a few chickens and a sheep that gets lost in the brush now and then. Somebody get me an ax!

No comments:

Post a Comment