Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Is It Real or Is It Memorex?



BEEP… BEEP… BEEP… BEEP…  WACK!
Ahhh, the sounds of morning.  No, not birds chirping and bacon sizzling.  I mean those darned alarm clocks beep, beep, beeping us awake.  Well, me anyway.

So there I was, sleeping so peacefully and soundly when my alarm clock goes off.  I reached over and hit my best friend of the morning –yes, the snooze button –so that I could get in just a few more winks . Just as I was settling back in to my comfort zone, it hits me.  I’ve already hit the snooze button quite a few times this morning.  (!)  Which means, I’m probably 30 or 40 minutes late!!  I pop upright and try to focus my contact-less eyes so that I can make out the time on the clock before I decide how mad my dash to the bathroom will be.  5:01 am.  Huh.  I sit there in a state of confusion, rubbing my eyes and trying to figure out how in the world is it only 1 minute past my alarm time when I hit snooze all those times.  And then it occurs to me that I had been DREAMING that I was sleeping and hitting snooze repeatedly. 

Which kind of freaks me out.  If the dream was real enough for me to believe it when I was awake, what would have happened if I had dreamed that I actually got up on time, yet I was hitting the snooze in real life? 

I went from peaceful slumber, to being jarred awake, switched to panic mode, moved to utter confusion, and then finally, a sigh of relief –all in a matter of 5 seconds.  Ugh.

p.s.  Dear morning:  Bite Me.  HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment